UnderTheGun
Welcome at UnderTheGun Forum!

Please login or register to reveal the chatbox and passwordsection.

Have a great time at UTG Forum!
UnderTheGun
Welcome at UnderTheGun Forum!

Please login or register to reveal the chatbox and passwordsection.

Have a great time at UTG Forum!
UnderTheGun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are counting to 5000 members. 3956 members joined so far ! Please login or register to reveal the chatbox and passwordsection.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Facebook
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of UnderTheGun on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of UnderTheGun on your social bookmarking website

TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tink44
Royal Member
Royal Member
tink44

Aantal berichten : 1510
Punten : 8688
Join date * : 2011-01-02
Age * : 52

TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC  Empty
PostSubject: TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC    TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:37 am

TINKYS WEEKLY QUIZ

THIS WEEKS QUIZ IS 80S MUSIC , TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE , PUT ON YOUR LEG WARMERS AND HAVE A GO !!!!

OK NEW RULES SO FAIR AND NO COPYING , SEND ME YOUR ANSWERS VIA PM , ALL RESULTS AND ANSWERS WILL BE POSTED HERE AFTER CLOSING TIME OF 5 PM 9TH FEBUARY

THE PERSON WITH THE MOST ANSWERS CORRECT , (NO CHEATING ) WILL WINNNN

WINNER WILL HAVE A HOMEGAME SET UP FOR THEM AND THERE ENTRY PAID , GO GET THINKING , MASSIVE PRIZE , I KNOW U ALL WANT IT

GL MY LOVELYS Smile

1. In 1980 the #1 best selling hit record of the year was entitled Call Me. There must have been hundreds of songs entitled Call Me written during the last 50 years but no doubt this particular Call Me is easy to remember because it was the #1 best seller of the year. So who recorded it?

A / The Four Tops

B / Steve Winwood

C / Paul Simon

D / Blondie

2. In 1980 the #2 best selling hit record of the year was a disco song entitled Celebration. The term disco refers to music produced with a constant, dull repetitive beat, often using drum machines and electronic enhancements instead of real studio musicians. Which of the following disco groups recorded Celebration?

A/ The Bee Gees

B/ The Jackson 5

C / Kool & The Gang

D / KC and The Sunshine Band

3. Even one of rock and roll’s biggest acts of the 1980’s felt compelled move toward the disco sound in order to give the people what they wanted to hear. The #3 best selling hit record in 1980 was entitled Another One Bites the Dust, featuring a disco beat with a hard rock edge. Which of the following rock groups recorded it?

A/ Fleetwod Mac

B/ Queen

C/ Bon Jovi

D/ Guns N' Roses

4. One of the really big rock and roll groups attempted to re-energize the music scene in 1981 with their best shot entitled Start Me Up but it only got up to #5, which was far from being their best shot. Which of the following rock and roll groups was it?
A / The Jackson 5

B / The Carpenters

C/ Madonna

D / The Rolling Stones

5. In 1982 Michael Jackson hit the top of the charts with his best song, Billie Jean, and it was the #1 best selling hit record of the year. Michael wrote lyrics and the music including the famous bass line, the synthesizer and the drum lines. Billie Jean was masterfully produced by one of the best music producers in the recording business. Who produced Billie Jean?
A/ Sam Phillips

B/ Phil Spector

C / Quincy Jones

D / Sir George Martin

6. From now on in this quiz some of the questions may be difficult unless you happen to be a big fan of hip hop/rap. As the 1980’s progressed, hip hop/rap became increasingly popular. The #2 best selling hit record in 1982 was entitled The Message. What was the name of the group that recorded The Message?

A/ Grand Funk Railroad

B / Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5

C / Grandmaster Funk & The Furious 10

D / Grandma Flash & Her Furious Ex-Husband

7. And now for something completely different: a really easy question. In addition to producing the #1 best selling hit record in 1982, Quincy Jones also produced the #3 best selling hit record in 1982 entitled Beat It. Who was the songwriter and the famous singer of the vocal track on Beat It?

A/ Michael Jackson

B / Devo

C / Ozzy Osbourne

D / Alice Cooper

8. In 1983 a British rock trio that had been cutting hit records since 1979 recorded the #1 best selling hit record of the year entitled Every Breath You Take. What was the name of that famous British rock trio?

A / The Jimi Hendrix Experience

B / Cream

C / The Police

D / Interpol

9. In 1984 the #1 best selling hit record of the year was entitled When Doves Cry. The critics and the public at that time believed this great piece of music qualified its creator to be ranked among the greatest musicians. What was the name of the great artist?

A / The Artist Formerly Known As Prince

B / The Artist Who Grew Up To Be Prince

C / The Artist Who Died Long After Everybody Forgot He Was Prince

D / Prince

10. In 1984 the #2 best selling hit record was entitled Like a Virgin, and its accompanying hit MTV video featured the record’s singer/star wearing a wedding gown. Which of the following female recording stars sung the lead vocal track on Like a Virgin?

A / Britney Spears

B / Donna Summer

C / Madonna

D / Natalie Cole

11. Don Henley, the drummer and lead singer from the Eagles, co-wrote the #8 best selling hit record in 1984. Don’s song is highly evocative of a unique southern California lifestyle, and Don also won the Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance on the record. What is the title of Don’s #8 best selling hit record?

A / Dirty Laundry

B / All She Wants To Do Is Dance

C / The End Of The Innocence

D / The Boys Of Summer

12. The #1 best selling hit record in 1985 was unique because it was a charity effort intended to raise funds for famine relief efforts in Ethiopia. At least 37 professional entertainers sung on the record. Which of the following world famous entertainers co-wrote the #1 song, We Are the World - U.S.A. for Africa?

A / Michael Jackson

B / Stevie Wonder

C / Ray Charles

D / Bob Dylan

13. The #4 best selling record of the year in 1985 was entitled Addicted To Love. It featured a gigantic sound on the drum and bass track that set a new standard for recordings, and it contained a unique introductory drum solo in 7/4 time. Not that many people realize it also honed in on one of the most perplexing and least understood human difficulties, and within the context of the kind of music that topped the charts in the 1980’s, that is most unusual. Who wrote and recorded Addicted to Love?

A / Prince

B / Robert Palmer

C / Billy Idol

D / Phil Collins

14. The #7 best selling hit record of the year in 1985 became a big hit video on MTV and the song’s first lyric is, “Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it, you play the guitar on the MTV.” Money For Nothing was a cynical and sarcastic comment on the music business. What was the name of the group that recorded Money For Nothing?

A / Dire Straits

B / Rush

C / Journey

D / Motley Crue

15. In 1986 a hip hop/rap group covered Aerosmith’s Walk This Way and their version became the #1 best selling hit record of the year. Aerosmith’s Walk This Way only reached #10 on the Billboard charts when it was released in 1977. What was the name of this hip hop/rap act?

A / Public Enemy

B / Young MC

C / Run DMC

D / Fine Young Cannibals

16. Hip hop/rap struck again in 1986 with the #2 best selling hit record of the year entitled (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!) What was the name of the hip hop/rap act that recorded it?

A / MC Hammer

B / Beastie Boys

C / Crowded House

D / LL Cool J

17. In 1986 Michael Jackson’s sister recorded the #5 best selling hit record of the year entitled Nasty. What is her name?

A / Diana Jackson

B / Diana Ross

C / Janet Ross

D / Janet Jackson

18. The #1 best selling hit record of 1987 must have been unforgettable because it sold more records than any other record did during that year. The title of the song was Sweet Child O' Mine. Who recorded it?

A / Cher

B / Donna Summer

C / Aretha Franklin

D / Guns N' Roses

19. In 1987 a British group recorded the #2 best selling hit record of the year and became one of the most popular performing acts during the late 1980’s and 1990’s. The name of the song was With or Without You. What was the name of the act that recorded it?

A / ME2

B / U2

C / U-Boat

D / U-O-ME-$

20. The #3 best selling hit record in 1987 was recorded by the same act that recorded the #2 best selling record in 1987. This song was entitled I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. What is the name of the famous singer who wrote and recorded these hit songs?

A / Sonny Bono

B / Bono

C / Sonny

D / Bozo

21. In 1988 the #1 best selling hit record of the year had the unforgettable title of Fast Car. Who wrote and recorded this song that outsold all other records in 1988?

A / The Cars

B / The Beach Boys

C / Tracy Chapman

D / The Lamborghinis

22. This question requires an advance CYA type apology to all conscientious peace officers, and most especially to our hard working campus police because a bit of terminology that follows here could easily be interpreted as being intentionally offensive. However, we had nothing to do with it and this is a music quiz so the #3 best selling hit record in 1988 entitled Fuck Tha Police is not our fault and all liability is hereby disclaimed! Who was responsible for writing and recording this record?

N.W.A.

D.O.A.

R.I.P.

B.F.D.

23. To illustrate the way the 1980’s ended musically, which of the following records and acts was not among the top #10 best sellers for the entire year of 1989?

Fight The Power, By Public Enemy

Back To Life, By Soul II Soul

Pump Up The Jam, By Technotronic Feat Felly

MmmBop, By Hanson

24. In 1981 the #1 best selling hit record of the year attempted to make a statement reflecting opposition to the wave of mechanized disco music that was sweeping the nation. The title of that song was I Love Rock N Roll. Assuming the statement had at least some lasting impact and the name of the memorable group would be quite easy to remember, what was the name of the group that recorded I Love Rock and Roll?

A / The Rolling Stones

B / Led Zeppelin

C / Bill Haley & His Comets

D / Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

25. The #3 best selling hit record in 1983, Girls Just Want To Have Fun, epitomized the feeling of the 1980’s for both genders even though it was written by a man named Robert Hazard. The hit record made a star out of the song’s previously unknown female lead singer. Who was it?

A / Cher

B / Deborah Harry

C / Cyndi Lauper

D / Joan Jett
Back to top Go down
tink44
Royal Member
Royal Member
tink44

PostSubject: Re: TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC    TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 am

results so far

zzzzzz / 24 / 25

rockdr / 21 /25

grant 21 / 25

cica / 13 / 25

gl everyone

anyone else want a go ar beating zzz Smile

Back to top Go down
tink44
Royal Member
Royal Member
tink44

PostSubject: Re: TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC    TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:17 am

CONGRATZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ YOU ARE KING OF 80S MUSIC Smile

IF U CAN LET ME KNOW WHAT NIGHT U WANT GAME , AND WHAT DO U WANT TO PLAY ???? OHH AND TIME

NEXT WEEKS QUIZ TUESDAY 14TH FEB .

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Admin
Royal Member
Royal Member

Aantal berichten : 605
Punten : 2926
Join date * : 2010-03-16
Age * : 53

PostSubject: Re: TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC    TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:58 am

weeeeeeeee Very Happy

well lets play something we havent play with UTG before: razz!

hopefully you all will join Smile
Back to top Go down
https://underthegun.forumakers.com
tink44
Royal Member
Royal Member
tink44

PostSubject: Re: TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC    TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 am

ok razz it is

wednesay night , i send u money zzzz Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC    TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TINKYS WEKKLY QUIZ / 80S MUSIC
Page 1 of 1